Sunday, August 31, 2008

An Informative Day

Well... tomorrow is Labor Day! And there's so much more for me to celebrate than I ever imagined! The celebration comes from what I learned today. Oh what a busy, busy Sunday this has been.

It started with a telephone call to my internet service provider. They were very interested in hearing how email accounts were hacked, information taken, reproduced, and shared. They "pinged" my computer and ran a reverse search for interference. What they came up with was astounding! And they used a word to decribe it.... Not only that, they ran searches on remote access histories and traced quite a few interesting breaches of my privacy. The wonderful tech helping me, Nicole was her name, suggested forwarding the findings to law enforcement since people who do this kind of thing mainly do it for identity theft. Of course there's no proof of that but there IS proof of passwords being entered from IPs I can't physically have access to. Isn't that interesting?

So off to my local law enforcement office I went. I know, I know... bummer having to do that on a Holiday Weekend but what the heck right? I mean, I also learned that my family members are being harassed by phone calls from Ireland. However, the caller didn't get far. And my family member has no intention of calling you back as requested. And we're all on the same page here. Oh and not only that, but I also learned a hostile person from my past opened a floodgate and directed a few individuals to contact people I haven't seen or talked to in almost 25 years. I wonder what that telephone bill will look like?

Anyhow, the officer was extremely interested in all this. There's a line between Free Speech and physical harassment. That line was crossed. All these silly claims that my books are fakes constitutes a civil matter. Harassment equals a criminal matter. Interesting, huh? I'm very grateful for the education I received today. It seems that if I want to, I can sign complaints against those who are (and who have) harassed me either via the internet or by sending packages and making phone calls. Not only phone calls to me - but phone calls to my family members. You see, they're not interested in what you have to say. According to legal counsel out of Collingswood, I have six names (and addresses) worthy of signing complaints against. Should I do this?? Hmmm... maybe I'll take the holiday to think about it. If I sign these complaints, a summons gets issued to each of you either via certified mail or delivered by a constable or law enforcement officer. Then it's up to you to answer the summons. Oh, you can ignore it if you choose to. After all, it would be issued out of New Jersey and have no real bearing in a foreign country or another state. Or would it? Hmmm.... apparently - if you ignore it - if you're stopped for speeding, asked to show your documents or ID, it'll come up that you have an outstanding summons. Who knows what happnes then? The officer and I had so much to discuss that we didn't get into those details.

But oh those 6 individuals (and this number may increase)... sadly we only have work addresses for a couple of them. I guess they might be served at work. That would be shameful. Don't you agree?

And what about these individuals being in foreign countries and different states? That's where notification of the FBI came in. They're VERY interested in threats, harassment and cyber-stalking. What exactly IS cyber-stalking? Well... apparently that happens when someone hacks email accounts, uses passwords from alternate IP addresses, collects email communications, posts, prints and reports them to others, and uses information gained from the internet to make unsolicited, unwanted telephone calls to individuals who are offended by them. Family friends and neigbors may have responded to these calls but some have since felt violated by them. I love it.

So Al, Mike, Phil, Pete, Fred, Bob, Tony (and a few others)... professional law enforcement has been notified of your harassment. What IS harassment by federal terms? The sending of unsolicited emails, telephone calls, mailing of packages, overtly published internet statements stated as fact rather than opinion, and overt encouragment to incite others to cause me harm. Whatever you said about the books and their contents is 100% protected by the 1st Amendment. But your extracurricular activities of phoning people, publishing private information, publishing credit information, calling my home, sending packages to my home, entering passwords, accessing private email accounts and web sites is - according to law enforcement - illegal. You lose.

But my day didn't stop there. The kind and informative police officer (by the way, I spoke with the New Jersey State Police at approximately 1:30pm today - in person) and the Lower Township Police Department (approximately 11:50pm - in person) suggested that since all you folks are in different states and countries, that I contact the FBI. I mentioned this earlier in my post (see above if you've since forgotten). A formal complaint will be filed tomorrow morning at approximately 8:30am. Use your super-duper computer skills to track the reports. You've crossed the line and screwed up so, so bad. If you're ever able to actually "prove" that my books are fakes you'll have a civil suit against me. I find it highly amusing that I have a legitimate criminal case against 6 or 10 of you. If you're actually able to convince a court that my books are fakes, I'd end up paying a fine. But in my case against you - you could very possibly end up going to jail. More B.S. from Harker's "sockpuppets"? Nope. Legit information from professional law enforcement.

Have a nice day!!!

No comments: