Saturday, August 30, 2008

An Apology To Feldgrau, Axis, and Gibson - And A "Thank You"

Well what can I say? For some time now I've regarded Feldgrau, Axis and Gibson as nemesis components in an ugly exchange of words and emotions. However, after today, I owe each of you an apology. I'm truly sorry if anything I said offended any one of you.

And now I must thank you. The controversy you generated about me and my books made this past sales quarter a STELLAR SUCCESS! Consumers - now armed with the "professional caveat" you placed in your reviews, threads and comments, are making the conscious decision to purchase my books to see and judge the content for themselves! I couldn't have asked for better promotion for the books than what you've given me. Your "panel of "experts" and published military historians" posted and published their "learned opinions" of my works while calling me a "huckster, fraud, fake and criminal". For this, you have my sincere thanks. You informed the public of your opinion, slaughtered my name in the process, and now people want to read the books BECAUSE of your opinions! More so because of the negativity you've assigned to them! So thank you! Keep doing what you're doing! You've become a free promotional tool for my books! You've created a wildfire of controversy that's burning in my favor! It's amazing to think of all the people who've heard of me and my books simply by reading your reviews, comments and threads! Your reviews, threads and comments have propagated my name and titles. Why would I need "sockpuppets" when I have YOU guys trumpeting my works to the world? And in a way that makes people curious enough to read them? Remember here - by your own words - "You're the "experts" complete with "management" and according to you I'm the "huckster, fraud, fake and criminal." You've claimed an "expertise" with which to post your caveats and people are buying my books in scores to pit what you've had to say against what a "common Joe" has done. I can't thank you enough!! I was surprised to see the quarterly figures! You guys are awesome!!!

And to think I was getting annoyed with all of you! How silly of me! Ornebridges, Gibson, Miller - forgive me! You've done more to help me than you'll ever know! But does this mean I'm dropping the libel suit? Nope. I have too much invested in that to let it go. But thanks again! You guys did me a tremendous service!!

No comments: